All days of the week start with a capital letter, like names (they come from the names of ancient gods).
- I work four days a week, from Monday to Thursday.
- We could meet next Friday.
- I was born on a Thursday.
- The traffic is usually quiet on Mondays.
Weekdays and weekend
A week has seven days. They are the “days of the week”. Saturday and Sunday together are the “weekend”. All the other days are “weekdays”.
- I’d prefer to meet at the weekend.
- The office is closed at the weekend(BrE)/on weekends(AmE).
- I’ll be away this weekend.
- We went away for the weekend.
- They won a weekend in Paris.
- I can’t see you on a weekday as I work Monday to Friday.
- Parking is free on weekdays.
- They open on weekday mornings.
- We go to school on weekdays.